Inspired Facilities is focused on making it easier for local community and volunteer groups to improve and refurbish sports clubs or transform non-sporting venues into modern grassroots sport facilities.
Part of Places People Play, Sport England’s programme to deliver a London 2012 legacy of increased mass participation in sport, it is investing £50 million of National Lottery funding in up to 1000 community sports projects between 2011 and 2014.
Tired, worn out, old facilities make it harder for people to start or keep doing sport. They can also be more expensive to run and difficult to maintain.
The Inspired Facilities fund could help you refurbish or upgrade your sports facility; or convert an existing building into a venue suitable for sport and accessible to the whole community.
To qualify for a grant you will need to:
• Show how your project will keep and, ideally, attract more people to sport
• Demonstrate that it is needed and wanted by the local community
• Explain how it will cover its running costs and remain open for sporting use for years to come
In particular the fund is looking for projects or organisations across the country that:
• Have not previously received an individual sports Lottery grant worth £10,000 or more
• Offer local opportunities to people who do not currently play sport, or
• Are the only public sports facility in the local community
Community and voluntary organisations and parish and town councils can apply for grants worth between £20,000 and £50,000. At least 70% of the funding available is set aside for these groups.
Local authorities, statutory organisations, and education establishments such as schools can apply for grants between £20,000 and £150,000.
For further information and to apply, visit: http://inspiredfacilities.sportengland.org/about/what-is-inspired-facili..., or contact 0845 850 8508, or email: email@example.com.
Round 1 Deadline: Wednesday 28 September 2011