As long-standing supporters of gender equality Manchester City Council support activities every March to promote and celebrate International Women’s Day. The third annual Walk for Women takes place on Saturday 7 March 2020, and Manchester City Council want as many people and organisations as possible to join in.
The Walk for Women 2019-20 Fund will focus on enabling Manchester’s women and girls – along with their families, friends, colleagues, neighbours and supporters – to come together in the Walk for Women 2020, and to walk it their way.
Funding is open to individuals and organisations, for anything that will contribute to a really enjoyable and super-accessible Walk for Women, and can be used to help with costs for things like:
- Making signs, banners and flags
- Finding creative ways to make a noise and celebrate along the route
- Delivering dances, readings or other performances during the Walk and / or at Central Library that inspire us to rise, walk and represent Manchester women
- Producing hand-out materials like stickers and leaflets
- Making costumes and accessories
- Transport support to ensure accessibility and safety of the event
You can apply for grants of £100, £250 or £500.
Deadline: 29 December 2019