The IWP is an equalities forum linked to the VCSE Leadership Group and GMHSCP, which is temporarily based at GMCVO. IWP are part of a collaborative effort to collate evidence of the way different GM communities have been affected by the lockdown, and find out from VCSE groups on the ground what issues need dealing with now to prevent further avoidable problems developing.
It is clear that there was a general default to mainstream approaches in the face of the sudden crisis, and that Covid-19 and the emergency response to it have already exacerbated many existing inequalities.
The IWP are doing their utmost to influence recovery plans for GM, flagging up priorities and potential blind spots and the intersectional nature of issues. The IWP are also looking for stories and examples to inform a hard-hitting GM response to the Women and Equalities Select Committee inquiry into the unequal impacts of the crisis.
- What have you needed to do to support people through the crisis?
- Can you give a few of examples of difficult issues people are facing?
- What have you struggled to do because of the restrictions?
- How could these problems be resolved, or how could they have been avoided?
- What issues do you see coming down the line which need addressing now?
To arrange a phone call contact Hannah on 0772 688 8521 or email your answers to the questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org