The purpose of the James Thomas Blair Charity is to provide support to older people living in Manchester and Salford. The support may be of a financial, social or medical nature.
Who may apply?
Any registered charities or voluntary organisations providing assistance to older people who live within the 32 wards of Manchester or 20 wards of Salford.
What do James Thomas Blair Charity support?
- Activity/Skills Programmes
- Reduction of Social Isolation
- Inclusion in Community
The above list is not exhaustive – any services which benefit the lives of older people will be considered.
What do James Thomas Blair Charity not support?
- Charities/organisations based outside of the geographical area detailed above
- Charities/organisations whose clients are not classified as older people
- Salaries/Staff or volunteer expenses
- Purchase of IT equipment for the use of staff/volunteers
- Grants in excess of £2,000 will not normally be considered
- Trustees will not fund projects retrospectively
Completed grant application forms, along with supporting documentation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be acknowledged.
Trustees will consider applications 4 times per year. The timetable below shows the grant application periods:
|Date applications received||Meeting considered at|
|July 19 to October 19||December 2019|
|November 19 to January 20||March 2020|
|February 20 to April 20||June 2020|
|May 20 to Jul 20||September 2020|
For further information and to apply, visit: https://jtblairscharity.btck.co.uk/Grantsavailable