The Social Action Fund is a new grant fund of over £20 million managed by The Social Investment Business on behalf of the Office for Civil Society.
Worth over £20million, the fund will offer grants of £100,000 and more to projects across England that will expand volunteering and giving of time, money, knowledge and assets.
The Social Action Fund is open to applications to fund social action projects in England from:
• civil society organisations
• public sector bodies
• businesses with a track record of delivering social action programmes.
The organisations must have operated for more than 2 years and have a minimum turnover of £100,000.
The Fund supports activity in three areas:
1. Social action in the community – projects that will encourage people to come together in their neighbourhoods to support each other.
2. Social action inspired by the Olympics and Paralympics – projects that will capitalise on the momentum and enthusiasm generated by the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympics Games to create a legacy of social action.
3. Social action for all ages – projects that motivate people across all generations to get involved in volunteering and charitable giving – from school children and students, to working professionals and those near or of retirement age.
If you have an ambitious but realistic proposition that will encourage social action or are looking to scale up a successful local project in a big way then apply to the Social Action Fund.
The first window for applications closes on Wednesday 2 November 2011. A second application window will open in early 2012, exact dates are to be confirmed.
Deadline: Wednesday 2 November 2011, 12:00