The University of Manchester and Greater Manchester Police are seeking to develop proactive interventions to educate and empower students on issues around sexual violence; with the overall aim of preventing students becoming victims or perpetrators of these behaviours. Invitations are invited from organisations with a proven track record of changing mind-set and behaviours to work with this cohort as a collective.
You will work in partnership with the University and GMP to design and deliver a creative way of engaging as many first year students as possible in difficult conversations around healthy relationships and issues of consent. You will also provide a detailed evaluation of the effectiveness of the work.
Bids are invited for an initial £5,000 with the potential to increase the reach of the project should further funding become available. The initial work will need to be delivered in the last two weeks of September 2019, with potential for further work in 2020.
Outline in no more than 2 sides of A4:
• The details of your organisation and recent work of note. How can you demonstrate expertise in facilitating difficult conversations, and changing behaviours and mind-set?
• Demonstrate your knowledge and expertise around rape and serious sexual offences, and particularly the nuanced issues of consent.
• What is your proposed methodology? How is it shown to engage participants?
• How many participants do you project you could reach given the funding available?
• Detail a proposed evaluation framework
For further information and to apply, email: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 3 May 2019