This 1-day course is for anyone who would like to express themselves clearly and confidently with colleagues and customers, and to interact in a way that values themselves and others equally.
By the end of the course participants will:
- understand the difference between aggressive, passive, manipulative and assertive communication.
- be aware of the verbal and non-verbal skills needed to communicate assertively.
- have begun to develop a range of assertiveness skills such as saying 'no', voicing their opinion, handling criticism, giving and receiving compliments.
- have practised using assertiveness skills in a safe and supportive environment.
- The importance of facial expression, eyes, stance, voice and the content of our speech when being assertive.
- What stops us being assertive.
- The importance of transparency / honesty re our feelings when being assertive - the importance of self-disclosure.
- How to prepare a core statement when being assertive.
- Practice and feedback in pairs.
If you would like to run this course in-house for a group of staff, please get in touch on 07733 268088.
The course costs £650 to run for up to a maximum of 12 people.
See attached booking form.