This 1-day course is for Team Leaders who are new to the role, or who haven’t received any previous management training. The course will help Team Leaders understand more about how to build their team and improve their team’s performance.
By the end of the course participants will:
- be able to apply some key theories of team development to their own team.
- know how team leaders influence team working.
- understand the meaning of delegation and how to delegate effectively.
- have strategies for dealing with challenging behaviour from staff.
- know why it is important to give feedback to staff and have learned ways of doing this.
- take away an action plan to develop the strengths of their existing team.
- Adair's theory of leadership
- Tuckman's model
- Monkey management
- The empowerment approach to leadership
- Feedback skills
- Assertive communication
If you would like to run this course in-house for a group of staff, please get in touch on 0161 248 7149.
The course costs £650 to run for up to a maximum of 12 people.
See attached booking form.