This one day course will increase understanding, confidence and practical skills enabling managers to better support and manage the mental wellbeing of their team.
Who is it for
Line managers, HR, Occupational Health staff, trade union reps.
Learners must first undertake Mental Health Awareness training which forms the first half of this course.
- Understand mental wellbeing in a work context
- Gain knowledge and confidence to talk to your team about mental health and know how to help an employee who is experiencing mental distress
- Understand the impact of ‘presenteeism’ and how to address it
- Understand how to support staff whilst off work and returning and how you can support employees’ mental health needs
- Reflect on your organisation’s current practice
- Impact of poor mental health on the organisation and key areas of mental wellbeing at work
- The employer ‘duty of care’
- How to spot signs of mental illness
- Understanding feelings of shame/stigma
- Practical tips on how to talk to team members
- Impact of Presenteeism and how to deal with it
- Practical steps to take when someone is off work and helping to prepare for their return
- Reasonable adjustments and suggested tips