This course will enable staff and volunteers to increase their knowledge and awareness of mental health issues and improve their ability to support colleagues who might be experiencing difficulties.
Who is it for
All employees and volunteers
- Discuss how mental health is viewed in your place of work
- Learning how to identify a colleague experiencing mental distress
- Becoming confident in having conversations around mental health. Identifying and practising
- key listening and communication skills
- Course content :
- Understanding of mental health, myths and stereotypes and the mental health continuum. Causes, signs and symptoms of key mental health issues
- How to support someone in mental distress or someone who might be feeling suicidal
- Communication skills including active listening
- Knowing your boundaries and the limits of your knowledge.