Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised two day course which will qualify you as a Mental Health First Aider in your workplace. You will learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue while keeping yourself safe.
Who is it for
Employees who would like to be a key point of contact to support colleagues who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress. Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support
- Course content :
- What is mental health, understanding of the issues, overcoming stigma and discrimination
- MHFA action plan
- Symptoms, risk factors and treatment of common mental health issues
- Signposting to treatment and resources, crisis first aid
- Self care