This 1-day workshop will help you to understand 5 of the most important ideas in providing high quality health and social care services, some of which you are probably already doing. As well as being good ideas, they are the ideas that commissioners and grant-makers are looking for in funding health and social care services and may improve your chances of being funded.
The workshop will begin with some scene setting about what’s happening in Manchester and GM and then cover the following ideas:
- Person-centred and strength-based approaches to working with individuals
- The role of community assets in promoting health and wellbeing
- Building in co-production
- Increasing the overall social value and community benefit of your organisation
- A population approach to building equality into your organisation
The workshop involves some presentation and lots of participation and discussion. There are handouts on each of the key ideas.
The workshop is open to trustees, staff and volunteers from VCSE sector organisations.
The workshop will be led by Nigel Rose Strategic Lead (Commissioning) who is an experienced workshop leader with extensive knowledge of health and social care services and approaches.