This half-day course is for anyone experiencing stress or who would like to learn how to take charge of their life and build resilience.
By the end of the course participants will:
- understand the difference between stress and pressure.
- know how to recognise signs of stress in themselves and others.
- have identified some of the main causes of their own stress, both internal and external.
- take away strategies for preventing and managing stress.
- have experienced a relaxation session.
- Definition of stress; destructive and constructive.
- Sources of stress outside work / within work.
- Health and Safety Executive 4 areas of stress at work.
- Internal stress - the stress that we add e.g. perfectionism, inability to say no.
- Short and long term effects of stress: physical, emotional, behavioural.
- Building resilience to prevent stress.
- Managing stress – strategies to change / adapt / accept; breathing and mindfulness.
If you would like to run this course in-house for a group of staff, please get in touch on 07733 268088.
The course costs £450 to run for up to a maximum of 12 people.
See attached booking form.