Time: (Registration from 9.15 am) course start at 9.30 am to 4.00 pm
Venue: Windrush Millennium Centre, Alexandra Road, Manchester, M16 7WD View on Map
Requires Introduction to Safeguarding : Y
Cut Off Date For Applications: 13/09/2019
This course is delivered by members of Manchester Safeguarding Children Board Training Pool in conjunction with Change Grow Live. You should attend this course if you work regularly with children and young people and with adults who are carers and you require a higher minimum level expertise: a fuller understanding of how to work together to identify and assess concerns and to plan, undertake and review interventions.
To access this course applicants must have completed approved mandatory safeguarding children training within the past 3 years.
To raise awareness regarding the impact of parental substance misuse on the continued well-being of children and young people.
- Discuss and explore the impact of substance misuse on children, young people and parenting capacity
- Understand professional roles and responsibilites when working with substance misuse
- Confidently raise the issue
- Consider interventions for adults and their children
- Promote inter-agency working, information sharing and the use fo assessment tools
- Complete an MSCB Training Course Action Plan
Booking must be made online via the learning hub.
Visit: https://training.manchesterscb.org.uk/ for more information.