The Capacity Building Team provides information and support to build the capacity and sustainability of the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector in Manchester.
The service works closely with other local infrastructure organisations to offer a co-ordinated approach to support across the city.
Information and support is available through our dedicated telephone information service 0333 321 3021 and on this website.
We offer practical support in:
• Developing a business case
• Developing a business plan
• Collaboration and Merger
• Strategic Planning
• Funding and Income Generation
• Board Development
• Identifying training opportunities
• Telephone Information Service (open from 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday): 0333 321 3021
• Website providing a wide range of information and resources for VCSE organisations in Manchester
• Weekly ebulletin with news and updates
• Quarterly Newsletter - with a theme for each issue such as finance, governance and management, managing risk, volunteering, project planning and development
We support groups to identify training needs and through a co-ordinated approach signpost you to suitable training opportunities.
Lots of groups face the same typical issues: setting up, charity registration, finding funds and so on. We can help you identify what you need and recommend a way forward.
For a limited number of groups we will be able to provide a programme of longer term support in managing major organisational changes and development.
Refer a group for support
If you would like to make a request for support on behalf of a group you can complete a referral form. Please give as much detail as possible
Accessing specialist support via our Business Improvement Service
Once a group has contacted us we will determine what support we can offer. In some circumstances the support we offer will include support from an external supplier with particular expertise and knowledge. Click here for a guide on how this works
Manchester Community Central aims to provide a high standard of service to all the agencies, groups and individuals with whom we work. If you are not satisfied with any aspect of the service you have received from us, we would encourage you to let us know in order that we can learn and improve. Click here to read our complaints procedure