Last December, Manchester Parent Carer Forum ran an 'Emotional Resilience Workshop for Parents-Carers' – this was delivered by fellow SEND parent, Geraldine Hills and was well-received by all who attended.
During the workshop, they looked at becoming more resilient so one can learn “how to live with yourself and thrive.” They also discussed:
- The importance of emotional resilience
- That there is no shame or embarrassment in experiencing mental health difficulties/stress
- Creative and constructive coaching methods that can help
- Making changes in life
- Negative habits that may be blocking you from becoming stronger
- Learning to develop good new habits.
They had a great time during the day and received glowing feedback from the parents who attended. For pictures from the workshop and the answers people gave, please visit their website.