The Windrush Day Grant Scheme will support groups to celebrate and commemorate the arrival of the MV Empire Windrush and the contribution of the Windrush Generation in communities across our country. It will also seek to educate about this contribution and the history of the MV Empire Windrush. This programme will support people from many different ages and backgrounds to embrace our shared history.
The Grant Scheme is for organisations to run a community led project seeking to celebrate, commemorate and educate about the Windrush Generation and their contribution to British economic, social and cultural life. This includes those who arrived on the ship, their contemporaries and descendants.
There is a budget of up to £500,000 to fund activities across the country. The minimum amount available is £2,500 and the maximum is £25,000.
June 22 marks National Windrush Day each year and so should be a focal point for all successful projects. However, events and activities may take place over a longer period throughout the year up until 31 December 2020.
Organisations are eligible if:
• They are registered charities (including community interest companies) OR meet
all the following criteria:
- Are established for charitable, benevolent or philanthropic purposes
- Have a governing body with at least three members
- Have a governing document which they can produce
- Can provide accounts for the last two financial years
• AND they are community-based and/or community-led
• They are a local authority
For further information and to apply, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/2020-windrush-day-grant
Deadline: 8 December 2019, 23:50