Citizens Advice Manchester’s digital hubs across the city will support you to find the answers you need online, assisting with online forms or helping you access their other advice services.
Citizens Advice Manchester deliver assisted digital help at a number of venues across the city.
During these sessions they can help you with online advice, help with online services such as Manchester Move or Universal Credit and provide support in accessing their other advice services.
These sessions take place:
• Town Hall Customer Service Centre, M60 2LA; Mon to Fri 9.30am - 2pm
• Yes Centre, Briscoe Lane, M40 2TP; Mondays 12.30pm - 3.30pm
• Abraham Moss, Crescent Road, M8 5UF; Mondays 10am - 1pm
• Harpurhey Library, Rochdale Road M9 4AF; Tuesdays 9.30am -12.30pm
• Central Library, St Peter's Square, Manchester M2 5PD, Fridays 10am - 1pm
• The Hive, Plant Hill Rd, M9 6NP; Wednesdays 10am - 1pm
• Fallowfield The Place, Platt Lane M14 7FB; Thursdays 10am - 1pm
• Gorton Library, Garratt Way, M18 8HE; Tuesdays 10am -1pm
• Longsight Library, 519 Stockport Road, M12 4NE Tuesdays 10am-1pm and Thursday 10am-1pm
• Wythenshawe Forum Library, Forum Square, M22 5RX; Mondays 10am - 1pm
• Trinity House, Rusholme, Grove Cl, Manchester M14 5AA, Thursdays 10am - 1pm
Other ways to contact Citizens Advice Manchester
Advice line 03444 111 222 Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm
Visit the website: www.citizensadvicemcr.org.uk to contact Citizens Advice Manchester via email, webchat, Skype and WhatsApp.