The Climate Action Fund is a new 10-year, £100 million fund set up with money provided by the National Lottery Community Fund with the aim of reducing the carbon footprint of communities across the UK.
The funding is expected to support a mix of different places, communities, themes and initiatives, across the UK.
The following funding is available through phase one:
- Up to £200,000 over 18 months for initial development funding for groups that need more time to develop their partnership, engage widely or test their approaches
- Up to £2.5 million over five years for groups that might be able to start longer-term plans at an earlier stage
It is expected that the initial round will support around 15 community-led partnerships.
The funding is for activities that have the potential to make a meaningful and lasting difference on the carbon footprint of communities. This includes action on sustainable energy, sustainable transport, consumption (food and waste), and the natural environment. To make a real difference, projects might need to have an impact on a number of those areas.
Applications will be considered from community-led partnerships which are led, either formally or informally, by one of the following types of organisations:
- Voluntary and community organisation
- Registered charity or charitable incorporated organisation
- Not for profit company including companies limited by guarantee, community interest companies and community benefit societies with two or more directors
The deadline for initial ideas to be submitted for the first phase of funding is 18 December 2019