Manchester City Council’s Directorate for Adults, Health and Wellbeing is currently undertaking an eight week consultation about proposed changes to the Blue Badge scheme announced by central Government.
The main changes are:
• the redesign of the Blue Badge making it harder to copy or forge
• a new national database of Blue Badge holders
• the introduction of an on-line application process through the Directgov website at: www.direct.gov.uk/bluebadge
• changing the way in which mobility assessments are carried out
• extending the scheme to cover armed forces service personnel, veterans and children under the age of three
• a national supplier now produces and supplies the Blue Badges for local authorities
• local authorities are allowed to set their own fee, up to £10, for a new, renewed, lost or stolen badge
A letter and questionnaire has been mailed to all badge holders in Manchester.
To take part in the consultation, visit: https://secure.manchester.gov.uk/forms/form/641/en/blue_badge_consultation.
Deadline: Monday 14 May 2012.