Work has now started to develop a new Greater Manchester-wide quit smoking campaign, which will be launching in March next year.
The campaign, from Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership, will have the ‘real voices’ of Greater Manchester people front and centre and their creative agency are now looking for ex-smokers and their families who would be prepared to share their stories as part of the campaign.
The campaign is still in the early stages of development but the five general types of ‘real stories’ they are looking for are:
• Quitters with a positive story – how this led to a ‘better you’, how they used the money saved, etc.
• Repeat quitters – people who have quit following many failed attempts
• Quitters whose smoking has negatively impacted their health
• Stories of how people have used support to quit – whether from quitting tools (like NRT or e-cigs), family and friends or specialist stop smoking services
• Ex-smokers whose quitting has positively impacted their wider network – family, children, etc.
For further information and to get involved contact Siân Lambert, Communications and Engagement Manager – Making Smoking History, at: firstname.lastname@example.org by early January 2019.