The GP-led Clinical Commissioning Groups in north and central Manchester are looking for public representatives to act as a ‘voice’ on behalf of patients registered with north and central Manchester GP practices. The groups will be supported by NHS staff.
Who might become a member of a Patient and Public Advisory Group:
Anyone living and / or working in north or central Manchester can apply to become a member of the group. Preference will be given to those who live in north or central Manchester and are registered with a north or central Manchester GP practice. Individuals are being sort who:
• Are aged 16 years and above
• Have experience of the healthcare system in north or central Manchester as a patient or carer
• Have an interest in local healthcare issues
• Have an interest in the promotion of a healthy lifestyle
• Are able to take an objective approach to priority setting and who can take a broad view of the role to encompass the viewpoint of others
Although training will be given in order for individuals to feel confident representing views on behalf of diverse local communities, diversity is welcomed within the group, and individuals of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities etc are encourages to apply.
Application packs will be sent out week commencing Monday 24 February to all applicants, including those who have applied previously. Applicants who work as health professionals would not normally be appointed, as there are other ways for their views to be heard. Please note that this invitation is only for north and central Manchester as the group in the south CCG area has already been set up.
To express an interest contact email@example.com, in the North and firstname.lastname@example.org, in Central, by Friday 17 February 2012, 17:00.