It's about much more than digging. It’s about growing food and getting outside.
It’s about building raised beds and creating community. It’s about planting seeds and making new friends.
Ways to get involved:
• Find a garden to volunteer with on the day
• Promote the Big Dig to your friends and family to help support your local community gardens
• Attend the open day and have fun
There are 7 gardens to choose from:
• Hulme Community Garden Centre, Old Birley Street, M15 5RG
• Holland Street Community Garden, Miles Platting, M40 7DE
• Moss Side Community Allotment, M14 4UZ
• Acorn Close Allotment Society, Levenshulme, M19 2HS
• The Whitworth Art Gallery, Oxford Road, M15 6ER
• Barnabus Collaborative Allotment Project, Plymouth Grove, Longsight, M13 9LU
• Riverbank Community Garden, off Barlow Moor Road / Hardy Lane, Chorlton, M21 8HA
Visit: www.bigdig.org.uk/manchester/ to locate these gardens on the Big Dig map and for further details about the activities being undertaken on the day.