Greater Manchester Youth Network have announced the launch of the GiveGetGo! Project. Incorporating the 5 ways to wellbeing, this project is a great way for young people to explore the concept of volunteering, try out a volunteering activity or two and reflect on their experiences. This free 3 session programme demonstrates the positive impact volunteering can have on young people’s emotional wellbeing.
The programme is for:
• Young people aged 16-25 who are living in Manchester
• Organisations working with young people 16-25 from Manchester who want to include this programme within their scheme of work. Programmes can be delivered during daytime hours or at evenings and weekends
• Professionals who wish to refer a young person to the project
Young people will:
• Receive a certificate of recognition for their volunteering
• Have the opportunity to meet new people and try out a volunteering activity with other young people
• Be reimbursed for travel costs and light refreshments
• Have the option to work towards a volunteering accreditation
Young people must be able to commit to all three dates of their chosen programme and make their own way to GMYN.
Wednesday evening programme
28 September 16:30 - 18:30 / 5 October 16:30 - 19:30 / 12 October 16:30 - 18:30
1 October 13:00 - 15:00 / 8 October 11:00 - 15:00 / 15 October 13:00 – 15:00
For further information, visit: www.facebook.com/pages/GiveGetGo-Volunteering-Programme/202448239803069, or contact Myrtle, on 0161 274 3299 / 0779 065 4952, or email: email@example.com.