GMCVO have launched the second stage of a grants programme to get Greater Manchester Walking.
Funded by Greater Manchester Moving (with money from Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership), grants between £1,000 and £5,000 are being offered to support activities that encourage people who are usually less active to start or increase the amount they walk regularly. Applications should also address one or more of the following:
- Support individuals not in work, with long term health conditions or young people
- Engage with communities, schools and businesses to encourage walking as part of the daily routine
- Work with communities to understand key walking destinations, routes and local barriers and solutions to get people walking
- Increase the number of trained and confident ‘Walking Champions’ who are active in the community
- Make environmental changes/improvements that will encourage walking
The grants will be awarded to voluntary and community groups and social enterprises operating in Greater Manchester for the benefit of Greater Manchester residents and can be used to pay for equipment and capital projects, travel expenses, training, additional staff-time and facilitators.
To find out more about the grants programme, to check eligibility and to apply for a grant, click here
To find out more about the wider GM Walking initiative, visit the GM Walking website here
Deadline: 24 February 2020, 17:00