We Stand Together has recently been awarded a grant from the Big Lottery Fund through the Awards for All grant programme for a ‘Advancing #WeStandTogether’ initiative.
The aims of the project are to:
• Address discrimination and celebrate diversity
• Bring people together and build strong relationships
• Enable people to participate and feel included in their communities
• Develop practical actions to help people feel positive about all our futures
We Stand Together are inviting tenders for a Project Worker to work alongside the Director of Operations and volunteers to develop resources for the new anti-discrimination project.
The Anti-discrimination Project consists of delivering interactive workshops in schools, colleges, youth and community groups. To enable this, We Stand Together are recruiting a Project Worker to help develop creative and imaginative resources, with wide scope for innovation, that will engage as wide a spectrum of youth and community participants as possible.
The resources should enable participants to learn about different cultures, faiths, disabilities, nationalities, gender identities and sexual orientations; discuss their perceptions and the different discrimination and stereotyping faced; how this can be challenged and come up with practical actions to take themselves.
Specific objectives for the Anti-discrimination Project, are:
• Over 85% of those involved report an increase in knowledge of diverse communities
• Over 85% of those involved report increased positivity to other cultures, faiths, disabilities, nationalities, gender identities and sexual orientations
Up to £1500 (including all costs and VAT) is available to be paid to the worker. This is based on the Project Worker using 30 x half day sessions @ £50 per session. The cost of publishing the resources is budgeted separately.
Tender proposals should be submitted to We Stand Together by no later than 12pm on Monday 3 December 2018. Interviews will take place on Monday 10 December 2018 either in person or over Skype. An electronic copy of the proposal should be submitted by email to: jonny@WeStandTogether.org.uk