Justlife is in existence because they know that every time they don’t act another person living in Unsupported Temporary Accommodation (UTA) suffers. They suffer with deteriorating mental and physical health, become victims of crime, lose control of their life, drop off the bottom rung of the housing ladder or die prematurely. Tens of thousands of hidden homeless households are living in Unsupported Temporary Accommodation across England. UTA is private short-stay accommodation (B&Bs, private hostels, short-stay HMOs, guesthouses) where residents have no permanent residency status and limited access to local authority support. They are hidden, homeless and forgotten.
Justlife Board of Trustees is a professional, enthusiastic and effective governing body. Following a review of their governance which focussed on how the Board could be better structured to support all of their projects and address geographical challenges they are beginning the recruitment process.
Justlife value diversity in their organisation reflecting the people that they work with. Justlife recognise the continuing challenge to maintain diversity on the board, in terms of gender, age, ethnicity and perspective. One of their aims is for the Board to become more closely representative of the communities we serve and so they welcome applications from those within those communities.
Justlife are looking to recruit Trustees both in Brighton and Manchester to strengthen the Board by bring additional skill sets but also to directly support their projects within their localities.
Justlife want to encourage applications from anyone who has a passion for their work of but are specifically looking for people who have a leadership background in the following domains (this is not an exhaustive list and they do not expect to appoint to all the categories):
• Housing or Homelessness Specialist
• Lived Experience
• Local Government or Policy Influencers
• Business Development / Communications / PR
Essential core skills:
• Experience, knowledge and understanding of the roles and responsibilities organisational leadership
• A strong commitment to drive change for all within UTA
• An awareness and understanding of Equality and Diversity as it applies in society
• A proven ability to think strategically and creatively and to challenge proposals with clear logical thinking
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• An understanding of, or a willingness to understand, the strategic, policy and political environments that affect and influence Justlife’s work
Those wishing to apply are encouraged to informally discuss their application with a member of the management team or Board.
In applying you will be asked to submit a CV and a covering letter and this will be considered by the chair of trustees.
If successful this will be followed by a short interview with an existing trustee and a member of the management team. It is often possible for applicants to attend a board meeting as an ‘observer’ prior to joining the board.
Justlife welcomes and encourages applicants who have a lived experience of UTA and homelessness.
For further information email: email@example.com
Deadline: end of January 2020