The Manchester Wellbeing Fund wants to support groups which are developing new ways of keeping in touch with the most vulnerable in our communities. During these challenging times, many people will be feeling isolated. Now more than ever, we need to take care of our own mental health and the mental wellbeing of those around us – and now more than ever community groups are adapting and responding.
Some examples of the types of costs the fund will support are:
- basic mobile phones or smartphones
- printing and distribution of information leaflets about support available
- replacing a group's outdated laptop
- group subscriptions to services such as Zoom
- online training in use of social media
- craft and creative materials
Fast-track grants of between £250 and £500 are available and the fund will aim to decide on applications within 10 days. Demand will be monitored and the hope is to keep the fund open for several weeks. The Fund doesn't want to duplicate the excellent work that is already being co-ordinated across the city so kindly ask that groups do not apply for funding for food parcels or other essentials.
For more information and to apply click here