The £50m fund will be available for grants of between £3,000 and £50,000.
It is available to organisations across the full breadth of heritage, including historic sites, industrial and maritime heritage, museums, libraries and archives, parks and gardens, landscapes and nature.
Organisations which have received funding in the past or are either a current grantee, or still under contract following a previous grant, can apply.
Priority will be given where:
- there is limited or no access to other sources of support
- where heritage is most at risk
- where an organisation is at risk of severe financial crisis due to COVID-19
Priority within the Fund will be given to organisations:
- Managing or caring for at-risk heritage or those working to meet our priority outcomes around economic regeneration, inclusion and wellbeing – as defined within the Strategic Funding Framework
- Working within one or more of the 13 Areas of Focus identified in the Strategic Funding Framework. These are communities experiencing social deprivation which are central to place-making within these neighbourhoods
- Which are not eligible for or in receipt of other emergency funding either from Government and/or other National Lottery distributors
- Which have limited alternative options of emergency support and are already mitigating risks through other measures e.g. putting projects on hold, rephrasing milestones, repurposing other funding to support day-to-day operations
- Which are at greatest financial risk from coronavirus (COVID-19) due to a reliance on trading or community fundraising income streams
- Are at greatest financial risk due to having limited reserves i.e. less than three months and limited access to the short-term liquidity needed for essential activity
The fund will be open for applications in the next few days.
For more information click here