The Speak Up Fund is provided and administered by the Community Film Unit. Funding is intended to support voluntary organisations across England that have a film-based project that shows dedication towards their local communities.
The Community Film Unit, a registered social enterprise, has the following three social objectives, which are achieved through film, graphic design, photography, web design and music:
• To raise awareness of local issues
• To document and promote change within communities
• To create educational and developmental opportunities for young people
To be eligible, applicants must:
• Be a voluntary organisation (including registered charities, social enterprises, Community Interest Companies).
• Work extensively with their local communities.
• Be able to spend the grant and complete the project by 31 March 2013.
Organisations should be working in one of the following areas:
• Support young people and/or vulnerable people in the local community.
• Preserve local history, and educates residents about their local area.
• Provide and document opportunities for the disabled.
• Develop the local community and integrate different groups.
• Provide information which improves the quality of life for residents in their local community.
Match funding is required of between 50% and 80% of project costs.
Deadline: Friday 2 March 2012, 17:00