The Manchester Health and Wellbeing Board will be meeting for the first time at the end of September. The Board will aim to provide strong leadership and drive the public health and health improvement agenda with a range of partners around the table including the voluntary and community sector.
MACC will be redeveloping our existing work around health, social care and wellbeing to work at the strategic level in these new structures. Our aim will be to give the sector an opportunity to be informed, involved and have an influence on the plans and activities of the Health and Wellbeing Board and the new commissioning structures in the City Council and the NHS. By supporting the sector’s involvement in the Health and Wellbeing Board, we will be able to:
• Inform and contribute to current policy direction
• Engage with the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment and identify gaps in provision of services or areas of increased levels of need
• Highlight the contribution of voluntary and community sector to tackling health inequalities
• Provide a space to stimulate collaborative working, innovation and integration of services between sectors and within the voluntary and community sector
The Board has asked Mike Wild, Director of MACC to continue to be the voluntary and community sector representative and so we are reshaping our Health and Wellbeing Forum to be a place where the local sector can discuss the work of the Board and provide a means to feed back and consult colleagues – from this Mike will be able to contribute to discussions at Board meetings and bring a perspective from the voluntary and community sector. MACC will facilitate the Forum and ensure effective working links with existing local voluntary and community sector networks and groups engaged with local communities in addressing health inequalities.
The Forum will also focus on building relationships with the Directorate of Adults, local Clinical Commissioning Groups and NHS Trusts to broaden their partnerships to include the voluntary and community sector.
The first meeting of the Forum needs to take place before the next Manchester Health and Wellbeing Board meeting in September, so we have arranged a meeting for Tuesday 13 September 2011 from 14:00 - 16:00 in the Conference Room at The Lesbian & Gay Foundation, 5 Richmond Street, Manchester, M1 3HF.
To confirm your attendance, email Pauline Clark at: email@example.com.
1. Welcome and Introductions (Mike Wild, MACC Director)
2. The Health & Social Care Bill and the restructuring of the NHS (Mary Duncan, MACC)
3. The role of voluntary and community sector organisations within Health & Social Care (Darren Knight, LGF)
4. Impact of the Public Spending Cuts on the VCS, Service Users & Carers. (Discussion)
5. Manchester Health and Wellbeing Board (Mike Wild, MACC Director)
6. Date of Next Meeting