The Women's Domestic Abuse Helpline (WDAH) is looking to recruit volunteers for the Helpline including the Community Helpline Language Service (CHLS).
• Could you be supportive and understanding over the phone to women who are experiencing domestic abuse?
• Do you have an understanding of the importance of confidentiality?
• Can you remain calm in a crisis?
• Do you want to make a difference to the lives of women and children?
• Could you commit to a three-hour rota session a week, for a minimum of 12 months?
There will be compulsory training days on 12 October at 09:30 – 13:00 and 2, 9 and 15 November at 09:30 - 16:30.
WDAH offers in return:
• Free training on domestic abuse awareness and on Helpline Skills
• Ongoing training
• The opportunity to work in a women only environment
• The opportunity to gain new experiences and skills and to develop existing ones
• Reimbursement of travel expenses and a contribution to childminding expenses
The helpline runs on:
Helpline: Monday - Friday 10:00 - 16:00 and until 19:00 on Tuesdays
Community Helpline Language Service: Monday & Tuesday 10:00 - 13:00 & Wednesday 13:00 - 16:00 languages available include Urdu and Punjabi.
Women only applicants are asked to apply.
Deadline: Monday 3 October 2011