EMERGE is an environmental charity with over 10 years experience of empowering individuals, businesses and communities to reduce, re-use and recycle. The Zero Waste Champions project aims to inspire residents of Greater Manchester to reduce the amount of waste they produce and volunteer their time to encourage others to do the same.
The Zero Waste Assistant will support the development of the Zero Waste Champions project around Greater Manchester. This will involve working closely with EMERGE’s Volunteer Coordinator to coordinate the recruitment, induction, training and support of the Zero Waste Champions.
The main duties are:
• To promote the Zero Waste Champions project across Greater Manchester
• To recruit Zero Waste Champions
• To assist the Volunteer Coordinator with inductions and training
• To support and supervise Zero Waste Champions
• To help organise and manage volunteering activities and events
The internship will last 4-6 months and the commitment is expected to be 2 days per week.
Deadline: Monday 18 July 2011, 12:00