This workshop provides a comprehensive overview of essential supervisory ‘people’ skills. The workshop objectives are
- Describe how the role of supervisor fits into an organisation
- Identify the skills needed to effectively communicate with all staff
- Explain how to lead and motivate your team with effect
- State your role in managing disciplinary and grievance issues
The training style includes interactive practical scenarios, group discussions, case studies and practical sessions
The transition from team member to team leader can be tough. Supervisors are key members of the management team and have the closest contact with the people who actually produce the work. It is therefore important that supervisors receive adequate support and training. Failure to ensure that they have the proper skills and knowledge to carry out their pivotal role can have a negative effect on the motivation and productivity of those whom they supervise. This session will enable you to become effective quickly and enables you to understand how your role fits into the organisation and the importance of communicating with, leading and motivating your team. It also explores the importance of monitoring absence, how to identify bullying in the workplace and managing discipline and grievances.
Newly promoted supervisors/team leaders or those who wish to build on their present expertise in any of the subject areas covered.
Our expert-led training sessions are designed to facilitate discussion and interaction. This event will cover:
- How to be an effective Supervisor
- Communication skills including listening skills and questioning techniques
- How to motivate your team and delegate successfully
- How to spot bullying and promote a culture of dignity at work
- The basic principles of managing discipline and handling grievances
- Dealing with staff absences