This is a one day themed course delivered by members of the Manchester Safeguarding Children Board Training Pool.
This course requires you to have completed an MSCB approved 'introductory' or 'basic awareness' safeguarding children training course within the past 3 years.
Priority for places on this course will be given to practitioners who work directly with children and or their families in Manchester. This course will aim to help practitioners develop an understanding of and provide the tools to assess the impact of neglect.
To develop the knowledge and ability of professionals in order that they may recognise neglect and deal effectively with safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Define Neglect
- Identify signs & indicators of child neglect
- Outline the causes and effect of neglect on children.
- Recognise the importance of information sharing, accurate record keeping and reflective practice
- Summarise relevant intervention measures.
- Recognise how to respond to neglect.
- An awareness of the Graded Care Profile 2 neglect tool
- Complete an MSB Training Course Action Plan
This course is through Manchester Safeguarding Board - application for places is only available online through the training portal.