For Manchester-based Organisations and Volunteers only.
"Volunteers’ Week is an annual event which takes place at the start of June. It celebrates the contribution made by millions of volunteers across the UK and is an opportunity to raise the profile of volunteering nationally."
Learn what makes a great story, some techniques for gathering stories and generate stories about the extraordinary contribution of volunteers to share during Volunteers' Week 2019:
- How and why people start volunteering
- The variety of opportunities that people are involved in as volunteers
- What people enjoy most about volunteering
- The impact of volunteering
- Advice and information for people wanting to get involved in volunteering
- To identify what makes a great story
- Responsible storytelling – what do we need to think about?
- Discuss a range of storytelling methods and interview types
- To practice gathering stories and to plan how to use your new skills and knowledge
There are 12 places available so please book early.