WRAP is managing a programme of grants to provide new small-scale capital infrastructure and revenue support to organisations redistributing surplus food. The aim is to address current barriers to food redistribution and to develop new solutions for reducing food waste from surplus food. The grant is open to small and medium sized businesses (including not for profits) who can supply surplus food from food businesses either directly to those in need, or to other organisations who offer this service.
This programme will continue the success of a previous small-scale redistribution programme delivered by WRAP in addressing barriers to food redistribution.
This small-scale grant will fund projects between £20,000 and £170,000.
• Any enterprise small or medium sized
• England only
• Warehouse equipment
• Labelling equipment
• Stock inventory equipment or software
• Staff costs directly on project
• PPE / Health & Safety equipment and clothing required for direct use on the project
• Promotional activity
• Volunteer recruitment
• Training for the people involved, such as IT or food safety skills
For further information and to apply, visit: www.wrap.org.uk/content/food-waste-prevention-%E2%80%93-small-scale-grant
Deadline: 11 July 2019